Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Earthquakes

So, my school is obsessed with the possibility of an earthquake. At the beginning of the year, we had very regular earthquake drills. The past couple of weeks we had been slacking on the simulacros. Luckily enough, we had one today. It happened like this:

It was my prep period. I was talking to Peter about what we were going to do in ToK when we heard the bell ring and a car alarm going off at the same time.

Peter "Is that the bell?"
Me "Umm nope. Must be the elementary bell."
A bunch of seconds pass.
Me "Wow...that´s a long bell."
Peter "Yeah it is!"
Nicholas comes running in
Nicholas "It´s a simulacro! we must go outside! Let´s go!"
We all then went outside. It was very exciting.

Now, what was the reason that we had a drill today, you ask? Well... just so happens that at approximately 3am this morning, we had a 4.2 tiny earthquake right off the coast of Lima. Now, I have absolutely no recollection of this, but supposedly I woke up, scared, put my hand on the wall to make sure it didn't fall, I guess? And then Paolo told me to go back to sleep, and I did. I don´t remember this at all. Hmm... must have been a pretty awesome earthquake.

Let's hope the earthquakes stay away. I don't like them (so I´ve been told ;) )

No comments:

Post a Comment