So don´t worry , there are not only 15 differences. I realized today there are far too many to write about... but here are a few more.
1. there sure are earthquake drills here... but the great thing about them is that no one knows they are happening. I suppose in real life if there is an earthquake, we would all panic so much that the drill would shake out of our memory...so there is no purpose in taking it seriously, right?
2. no one drinks water here. it´s always soda or beer. sometimes whiskey or vodka... or another form of alcohol... but water is not a hot commodity.
3. if you are taller than 5´2... your legs will not fit in the combi seats... just a sidenote... which makes for a rather uncomfortable ride
4. i have never seen soooo many ghetto cars mixed in with sooooo many luxury cars in my life. its like a 1985 oldsmobile... rusty and with cracked windows... next to a 2009 Audi... BMW... Lexus... etc... brand spanking new. I wonder which ones the thieves are going to want to rob...
5. IF YOU CAN ... DRIVE A CAR HERE... YOU CAN ... DRIVE A CAR... ANYWHERE!!! IT´S UP TO YOU LIMA PERU LIMA PERUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!
6. I saw an accident here for the first time... a combi hit a car that appeared to be attempting to turn in front of the combi on to a non-existant road. The car driver got out of the car and proceeded to yell at the combi driver. Everyone in the combi STAYED IN THE COMBI (i just may have gotten out and chosen a different combi...but that´s just me...) while the combi driver proceeded to yell back. Needless to say, nothing got accomplished. I can´t imagine why not.
7. Markers are not cheap in Perú... but mini colored pencils with a sharpener areeeeeee!
8. Just so you know, air drying is common in Peru.. and not just for clothing and hair... hint hint. Word to the wise, BYOTP. Figure it out
Okay, time to go home!
Just kidding... I have to do some comp time. I need to make up 8 hours by next Thursday and I´ve only done 2. Oops. I shall stay until 630 maybe. woooo youtube fun time!
No comments:
Post a Comment