Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Background Info :)


I supposed I should´ve written this one first, but oh well!

I am living in Lima, Perú. I moved here a little over 2 months ago. It has been a goal of mine for years to live and teach in Latin America, sooooo...I decided that now was the time to do it! I traveled to Perú with my best friend Andrea in June of 2008 and I fell in love with the country. I started looking and applying for jobs, and in October, I had several interviews. I had quite a few job offers, but they pay teachers here a LOT less than in the States, and I decided that at this moment I could not afford to teach here. And that´s when I got an interview at ICPNA (Instituto Cultural Peruano Norteamericano). The interview turned out to be for the Children´s Program Director. I got offered the job, and I accepted. Now to make this blog more interesting, I´m going to tell you about this job that I just started on April 1. (I was supposed to start Feb. 16... then March 2... and finally actually started April 1. Special, hey?)

So, as a program director, what do you think I do?? If you just said NOTHING, you win! I literally do nothing. I play on facebook, youtube, skype, and my email. I listen to my iPod. I now write blogs. Every once in a while, I get a little bit of work...like typing up a worksheet, lol, or writing up an observation report. In order to do that, I have to observe teachers (which happens every now and then...that´s the fun part of the job.) I have to say... even though it´s boring, it´s pretty sweet to get paid to do nadaaaaaaaaa! I think I get paid today. That would be exciting, hey?

I´m planning on being here for a year to a year and a half. We´ll see! jaja

So Andrea is here this week...it´s been awesome to have my besty here...I have a life again!! She got here Friday morning...we spent ALL Friday together... here´s what we have done so far:

Friday - Discotecaaaaaaa! kinda... it was on the Calle de las Pizzas... so they were the free discotecas...it was still fun

Saturday - We went to like a country club. We went swimming, suntanned, and ate lunch. Then, we went to our houses and took a nap. At night, we went to a real discoteca. It was fun.

Sunday - EASTER! I went to church with Angelo´s family, but afterwards, I went to Agustin´s house, and we had pizza and chatted

Monday - We went to Gamarra...a street full of clothing and shoe stores...it´s rather ghetto, but oh well... then Andrea hung out at ¨my¨house for a bit while Agus did something... and when Angelo and Agus got back, we ordered Bembos. It was fun.

Tuesday - We went to Larcomar (upscale shopping center on the ocean)... and ate dinner at Chilis... Andrea´s fav restaurant. It was tasty. We also walked around Miraflores. (the pic is me and Andrea at Larcomar)

Today is Wednesday - Andrea and I are having girl night tonight. I´ll write tomorrow about it :-D

Yay for having a life in Lima!! Oh, and I have decided as soon as I can afford it, I am getting an apt. here in Miraflores. This district is sweeeeeeeeeet! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment