Monday, March 29, 2010

Grrr...

So, lately I have been feeling like I just can´t catch a break. I´m so sick of being good, but then the second I mess up, I get screwed. Yet there are tons of ppl out there that do stupid things ALL the time, and they get away with it.

For example: I got a speeding ticket in 2005 - 2 weeks before my wedding and the day after the funeral of my ex-father -in-law. I admit I was speeding, but I was going 9 miles over the limit. The police officer said I was going 19 over the limit. Anyhow, I begged and pleaded...I started to cry because I was upset... and I still got the ticket. I went to the court date, and tried to reason with the officer - judge - whoever it was... and I got what everyone else there got. Now, I had never gotten a ticket before that... not even a warning... and never got one since. I have several friends who have gotten so many warnings, it´s ridiculous... and they still haven´t gotten any tickets. WTF?!

Here´s my newest example. I have had one heck of a bad year in 2009 (Between my rather difficult, emotionally straining divorce, an abusive now ex boyfriend, moving to another country, etc.) I finally thought things were getting better. I THOUGHT I had all financial crap taken care of back home.. I am starting to be able to save a tiny bit of money, I have an awesome enamorado, I´m starting to get the hang of working here in Peru.. and WHAM. Citibank decides to hit me with a collections call. Turns out that a bill I had from AUGUST of $72 never got paid (even though I gave the money for it to get paid...). My parents didn´t get any bills from them until Feb. which was when the collections agency started to call. This means that the mail didn´t get forwarded as it should have. Anyhow, I now owe $192 (roughly) to Citibank. Well, I call FROM PERU and talk to them about this... they were super rude to me. Now, please remember, I have been a client of Citibank for about 8 years now, and I have NEVER had a late payment or even a balance on that card. Well, the biatch manager who I finally got to talk to, was super rude and told me to write a letter. I wrote the letter, faxed it AND mailed it, and my mom emails me today to tell me that they are not going to do anything for me. Now, I also know people who have had late fees completely erased, interest as well... and others that have had it reduced. When I told ppl about this, they were all like "Call them! You are a good client, they will at least wave some fees, if not all of them." Pfff. Of course.

So what did I learn? Why bother being a good client to begin with? It won´t help you out in the long run. I guess if you are a crappy client, you can get away with whatev... but not if you were a good client and you made one mistake. Heavens forbid. I am so sick of this.

The States is heading down the tubes in general. I guess this is a sign of the times.

Sorry, I just needed to vent. It pisses me off so much. The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment