So my mom, Lynda, and I arrived to and visited Iguazu without any problems. Iguazu was gorgeous - and surprisingly easy to navigate, even with my mom's bad knee! I was quite impressed. It was also cool to see Brazil and Paraguay... though we didn't have time to visit either one. We got back to Lima smoothly... just a brief luggage issue at the domestic airport in Bs As, but we got to the international airport on time and everything was fine.
To end my mom's trip, we visited downtown and went on a horse and carriage ride around the main square. That evening, my mom and I went to Huaringas, the pisco sour bar near my apartment. Overall, it was a great trip... and I am now back to missing my mom-o!
Shortly after my mom left, I headed off to Easter Island with my coworker and buddy Peter. Easter Island was really cool, and we had perfect weather. I rented my first car ever!!!! WOOOO!!! The statues were awe-inspiring, and the beach was gorgeous. I LOVED the colors of the ocean, and it was cool to see sunsets and sunrises every day. Check out my pics on facebook! :)
I was finally back in Peru to stay for a bit on Feb 2. I had about a week and a half of relaxing and cleaning time and now I'm already back at school. Summer break went incredibly fast.... but I'm ready to get back into a routine.
Speaking of routines, I am back to running. Paolo and I are going every other day... and I am doing yoga every day as well. I was never really a yoga believer... Sama and I took a yoga class at UWW (lol) and we had crazy amounts of fun laughing at how ridiculous it seemed. But now, I just feel so much better after doing it... and I just look forward to the next time I get to do it. I hope along with feeling better comes a more relaxed and positive me. I am also hoping to see some body changes, but we'll see if that happens. I do love my food an awful lot! Jaja
To end this...this is probably my last blog before my sobrina (niece) arrives! I am sooooooo anxious to meet the little bumpkin... in about 10 weeks. Until then, I can't wait to see her little face in photos. I keep my phone on me at all times - waiting for the phone call that my darling little sobrinita is on her way! I know my parents and my fantastic little bro and sis-in-law are probably even more exciting than I am, though ;) Think good thoughts for Natasha and David as they welcome their daughter to the world very soon!!! :)
I got back into Pilates (bought a dvd) and do yoga stretches every now and again. I think the teacher for the yoga class is what made me chuckle for the most part. Yoga is pretty relaxing woo!
ReplyDeleteWe are closing on the house May 27th. You are more than welcome to visit when you're in town! You (and Paolo?) would be our first over night guests! Hope you like sleeping on an ikea futon ;) It's just as comfy as Peruvian beds rarrr.
ReplyDelete