Today´s topic is going to be the differences in my colegio (CPB) here and mhs back home... woo!
1. In CPB, you can´t make your own photocopies. You have to turn in a form and whatever you want to be photocopied...by 10am. You will then get your copies back the following day at 3pm. Why, you ask, does it take 29 hours to make photocopies? That´s an excellent question. I´ll let you know when I find out. If you would also like to know why teachers can´t make their own photocopies, join the crowd. It´s a rather perplexing subject.
2. In CPB, there is NEVER paper in the printer. Not like it matters, I still can´t print from my laptop anyways.
3. You can´t just call parents, and parents just can´t call you. You have to make appointments through the secretary. Hm...
4. I have to use a chalkboard and I don´t have a whiteboard or a smart board! boo!
5. The kids wear uniforms. It´s refreshing not having to see the 3 B´s. They always look so tidy.
6. The kids here don´t talk back, and they stand up when you enter the room. That is also refreshing.
7. The kids here are just as talkative ... if not more so... than in the States. That is not refreshing.
8. Lunch break is 45 minutes! woooo!!
9. There is no heat or AC. Makes for an interesting winter. I´ll leave it at that.
10. On Monday afternoons, I go with the promotion class (aka the graduating class) to do volunteer work. How cool is that!
11. THERE´S A TEA BREAK!!!!!! JAJAJAJAJAJAJA oooooh English people!
12. I work with people from England, Australia, France, the US, and Peru. There might be ppl from other countries too... I´m usually just with 2 Brits, an Aussie, and a couple Peruvians. It´s quite different from being with ONLY Americans. I love foreign people!
13. Every day my schedule is different. Some classes meet once a week, others twice... and others three times a week. Keeps me on my toes!
14. Hardly any of the kids eat lunch during lunch time. I was told that most of them will just have a snack and then eat lunch lunch after school. Interesting.
That´s all of that for now.
A couple of weeks ago, one of my friends was here! We went to the fountain park. We hadn´t seen each other in about 6 years! (We studied abroad together in V-town ESPAÑA!) Peru...bringing people together.
I bought a TV... a little plasma one with a DVD player. It is fantastic. Cost about the same as in the States... I also bought a little lamp, a mirror (yay!!) and a little rug (no...it´s not a cow one... buuuuu!!! :( ). Yesterday I went to Jockey and bought some sheets. Sheets here are neither cheap nor soft. Double boo. I found some semi-decent ones. When I am home, a sheet shopping I will go! Anyone wanna come with me? ;) I also found a... yes that´s right... FUZZY BLANKET!!! I love it so much I just want to hug it all day long! It is so soft and fuzzy and happy... just like my fuzzy blanket back home. Thanks, Ripley, for your stock of fuzzy goodness.
I saw the movie Ghosts of Girlfriends Past (or something like that... the title was in Spanish...) What an awesome movie! It was really funny and cute. LOVED IT! I highly recommend that you see it if you haven´t already.
I might be going to either Tumbes or Piura, and Mancora over my long weekend coming up at the end of the month. I hope it works out... I really would love to see some of northern Peru!
Okay, I need to go do some work... I shouldn´t really be blogging during school hours ;) 48 days til I get to go home for 2 weeks! YAY!!!! :) kitties, here I come!
No comments:
Post a Comment