Once again, I have realized that I haven't properly written in here for a while. I usually think that people don't really care, and they probably don't, but it's fun to go back and look at what I've written for me! Soooo... here's the month of November!
November was birthday month (as it is every year!) This year I turned 29. You know, I remember that people used to say that the older you got, the faster time went, and I have decided that that is totally true. I don't know where the time has gone!
Birthday month this year was full of good times. On my actual birthday, P and I went out to eat with his family. It was pretty low key. We went to San Antonio's. His parents gave me a cute necklace and some chocolates, and his bro and gf gave me sunflowers and a balloon. I talked to my parents on the phone, got lots of greetings on FB...
That was Tuesday. Wednesday we went out to eat again, bc it was birthday week! Then Thursday, we went to the David Guetta concert with Henry and Yeli. It was actually quite fun. Friday was my birthday party - and if I don't say so myself - it was AWESOME! Some people even brought me presents! I got some body wash, a scarf, chocolates, some wine, a necklace, and a Wisconsin book with Wisconsin cheese!!! I was worried no one would remember, but we ended up with about 25 people there... and my gringa friends stayed until like 3am dancing around. Christine and Oscar brought homemade sushi and we had a tasty vanilla and strawberry cake. Unfortunately, we had one death. A glass decided to jump from the window. We discovered that the next morning...it was very sad. However, it was probably the funnest and most international party I´ve ever had! In attendance:
From the USA: Kate, Erin, Sam, ME!
From Puerto Rico: Wilmayra
From Canada: Christine M, Stacey, Karen
From Australia: Christine T, Peter, Katrina
From England: Henry and British Katie
From Peru: Paolo, Oscar, Giancarlo, Chuby, Willy, Oswaldo, Karina, Ingrid and Maracas, Karin and Luis, and Luciana and Gustavo
Saturday I slept kind of late because I needed my sleep for..... THE BLACK EYED PEAS!!!! Yes, we went to their concert. It started off a bit rough... and I decided that Will.i.am should not ever sing again. He should stick to rapping. Fergie was great... and they were all really energetic. It was a super fun show! I was sad when it ended. Strangely enough, they did not have an opening band.
After the concert, we went to Paolo's uncle's house for Kechy's 30th birthday party. We were only going to stay for 30 minutes, but ended up staying for about 3 hours. It was fine, but by that time, I was completely exhausted and had a special cough, so I was sure ready for bed!
Since birthday week, things have continued to be quite active. Paolo, British Katie, 2 of her British friends, and I went to Creamfields on Nov. 20. That was interesting. P and I got home around 5am. Later that same week, on Thanksgiving, we went to the Stereophonics and Smashing Pumpkins concert with British Katie. Stereophonics - from Wales - was quite good. SP... ummm... well... SURPRISE! They have other music besides that which is on Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness album. And that other music sounds nothing like MC and the IS. In fact... it was almost the opposite. It seemed almost like a heavy metal concert! Not a winner, IMHO. I think I will not go to another SP concert EVER. But, it was still fun!
Last weekend was British Katie's last weekend in Lima, so we decided to go have some fun. On Saturday, we went to downtown Lima! We couldn't go on Friday because I had to chaperone the school dance...which actually was quite enjoyable. I was supposed to go to WWW afterwards, but I was so tired that I just went home to bed.
Downtown Lima adventure: We started off by going to the fountain park with Katie, Kate, Walquer, bb Joaquin, and Christine. Little homeboy Joaquin continues to be the happiest baby I've ever met in my life. He is so super cute! We all had a great time taking pictures and laughing. Kate and Walquer brought pretzels and chocolate (yum!!! thanks guys!) as a snack. We stayed until they turned the fountains off, and then headed downtown!
We started off at Estadio - a soccer bar. It was really cute. There were soccer ball details everywhere! We had some food, and I had a peach daquiri in a soccer ball cup! Then, we went to a piano bar. It was from like 1920 - small and smokey, but kind of cute. We had a ball of laughs because of the sheer enthusiasm of the 2 man band playing the drums and the piano. Our table was also by the men's baño... and it did not smell delish. That led to a lot more laughter. After that experience, we walked to the German bar. SUPER CUTE! The waitstaff was in lederhosen!! And, British Katie's and Paolo's beers came in boots! Jaja... my water just came in a normal cup. Buu. After that, we headed to a club. It had to be one of the most ghetto clubs I have ever been to in my life... and full of super uggos. This provided us with a plethora of more laughter.
We got back to MF around 5am and we went to McDonalds, where we found British Katie's new boyfriend... a super drunk Texas guy that was sleeping on a table. British Katie made the mistake of waking him up and telling him to go to his hotel. We decided, for whatever reason, to try to help him find his hotel. Didn't work so well. We ended up wandering around Pardo for a half hour before this guy called Paolo over to tell him he was in love with British Katie.. JAJAJAJAJAJAJA. Paolo then gave him a fake number, and we headed back to our apt. This dude decided to start following us, and we ran away. We got home around 630. Eek!
And that, my friends, was my birthday month. The end!
Hi! maybe you want to know about other places you still haven't been. If so feel free to visit my blog: www.limaaround.blogspot.com
ReplyDelete