And the painted ponies go up and down. We're captive on the carousel of time. We can't return, we can only look behind From where we came, And go 'round and 'round and 'round in the circle game.
- The Circle Game by Joni Mitchell
We sang this song in choir in high school. If you've never heard it, you should listen to it. It really is quite good. It talks about how fast time goes, basically. It is so true. I'm turning 29 in less than a week. Wow. I remember when I was a senior in high school and I thought I was old... and wondered what the kids a year older than me must feel like - since they were even older! LOL. This past summer I had my 10 year high school reunion. My little brother is going to be in a dad in February. I was watching a movie last night, and there was a baby being born. All the family was there videoing and taking photos...and I remembered that I won't be able to be there when my little niece is born. It really upsets me. I'm considering asking to have that week off to go home. But what I worry about with that is that there is no guarantee that the baby would be born while I'm home! So IDK.
I feel like my life is starting to fly by. I can't believe that I am going to be entering into my last year of the 20s already! Good thing that the 30s are the new 20s right? Jaja. Is it weird that I am also starting to worry about retirement? I don't have a pension here...and my pension from my job back home isn't going to be very big considering I was only in the system for 4 years. I have mutual funds here, but again, they aren't very big. It seems odd to worry about this sort of thing. I also think... I don't own any property, I no longer own a car, I'm not married... I don't feel like a grown up! I feel like a 23 year old in that sense. AND I'M GOING TO BE 29!!! Ugh.
On the flip side... I LOVE MY BIRTHDAY!!! :) Even though I feel old, I still can't wait for my birthday to be here :)
No comments:
Post a Comment