Luckily enough, I have learned that bedbugs have nothing to do with dirtiness, so at least I am still clean...but still..GROSS.
I have also been sick - and spending extra time in bed with my new little pals isn´t exactly high on my list. I am going to try to go buy a mattress encasement tonight...any clues where they would be selling those here in Lima? Yeah...me neither!
Well... no more putting my clothes on the bed or on the floor near my bed! I washed ALL my clothes and they are all hung up and put away so that no little buddies try to move in! I think I´m going to start wearing bug spray to bed and see if that helps while trying to find someone who is competent to come into my apt. and take care of them this week. Aren´t I a lucky ducky??
Let´s see...oh! I had my first real experience with Peruvian healthcare...it´s special. I had to wait in line for about 45 minutes..even though there were only like 2 ppl ahead of me. What were they doing? Writing a novel of their whole health history, I would assume. My insurance card is expired...it expired in August and we haven´t gotten new ones yet...so even though they could look me up and see that I had current health insurance...(which took like 20 minutes, mind you!) I still had to pay as if I had no insurance. What was even the point of looking it up, you ask? Yeah, still working on the answer to that one!
Paolo took me to get my medicine... again... insurance doesn´t work...this time cuz we were in a pharmacy. I guess insurance only works in the clinics. What?!?! Anyhow, they were out of the generic - which was 4 soles (like $1.30) and only had the name brand - which was 16 soles (about $5.30). What? Why is the name brand the price SQUARED?!!? Paolo bought it for me anyways. I don´t think it was the best working medicine, but oh well! I have been with this sickness for a week tomorrow...and I almost feel completely better today. Wooo.
I went to a Navy officer dinner with Paolo on Sunday...that was interesting. I was the youngest by like 15-20 years....and all the women sit together - and all the men sit together. There was no co-ed going on here! It was interesting. The 2 women I was sitting next to were very nice.
On Friday, I might get to go to a mascarade! That´s pretty cool, huh? I´m gonna sing the Phantom of the Opera "Mascarade!" song if I go! ;)
Yesterday, it was Cultural Sunday! We headed into downtown Lima and saw Señor de los Milagros... it was not so impressive, but okay... then we bought some turrón! YUM! We also went to a bunch of little book stores and went shopping. I bought a really cute little puma purse...so now both my cell phone AND keys and little coin purse can accompany me out of the house - yay!
3 weeks to Argentina! I can´t wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment